You prefer balance in life. You are a natural mediator and can see all perspectives. Old, new, vintage, antique, traditional, you love it all. To you, beige is never boring. It's not too cold, not too formal, and not too fussy. It's just right. You like things simple and clean yet elegant with a nod to history. You, my friend, are Transitional, aka Classic Contemporary. This style is the blend of contemporary and traditional. Traditional design has its roots in 18th century England and French countryside. The most obvious and distinctive element of a Contemporary style is line. It's found in architectural details, use of bold color blocks, high ceilings, bare windows, and geometric shapes in wall art and sculpture. And as difficult as it sounds, you are an artist at blending the two.
- a combination of traditional and contemporary
- both masculine and feminine styles
- neutral palette - cream, taupe, tan, khaki, white and gray
- use of texture over color
- Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn look